Get gorgeous lips with our colorful range of luxurious Youngblood Mineral lipsticks. The lanolin-free formula contains a special blend of natural oils and botanicals like; Honeysuckle, Jojoba, and Matricaria Flower. Stays fresh-looking for hours and earn Double Rewards!
My personal favorite foundation! Fight the Winter Skin Blues with our most hydrating foundation ever! Mineral Radiance Crème Powder Foundation is a 2-in-1 cream-to-powder formula that goes on creamy and sets to a luminous, powdery finish.
A must-have spot touch-up for all skin types! Send our Ultimate Concealer to work on dark under eye circles, blemishes or other discolorations that you want to cover up. Our cream formula won’t settle into fine lines and can be used before or after foundation.
Build-able and complete coverage! Create the naturally flawless look you’ve always coveted with this ultra-fine, luxurious powder. The lightweight formula provides buildable coverage and a soft radiance — without any glitter or shimmer. Its exclusively designed container dispenses the precise amount of powder.
Fast, easy, and sheer to full coverage! Minerals and rice starch work together to give this pressed powder superior concealing and oil-controlling properties. Fine lines and pores are softened with a smooth, matte finish. Wear alone or as a touch-up over loose or Creme to Powder foundations.
Double Rewards (20% back in service)! Offer valid thru 2/29/2016
See you at the spa!
xo Linda”Brow Boss”Ruberto
Hi! It’s Kelli, bringing you this month’s Product Feature.
With spring in full bloom, it’s no wonder we’re all feeling inspired to feel fresh and look pretty! Youngblood Mineral Cosmetics’ lip products are a simple way to update your look without having to put a lot of extra effort into your appearance.
My personal favorite is the lipstick color Rosewater, the newest pink hue we carry at the spa. It’s beautiful and a happy medium between sophisticated and young. I’ve noticed a lot of brides leaning toward the softer pink tones, and this one photographs perfectly!
The Brow Boss loves to show off perfect brows with the right lip-treatment. Her top choice for the longest-wearing lip color is the Lip Pencils. The technique involves completely filling in the lips and then applying Mineral-based Lipstick or Luminous Creme Blush over the pencil. Her favorite color is Blushing Nude, a nice blend of classic and modern that can be worn for any occasion.
We both love playing around with our Youngblood lip products to customize the color for every age, comfort level, and skin tone. The possibilities are endless.
See you at the spa!
*Prices quoted are not guaranteed after this offer expires.
Try this DIY Lip Treatment!
But first, do a mini teeth-whitening by swooshing with some hydrogen peroxide in your mouth and brushing with baking soda.
Step 1: Prepare a mixture of some, or all, of the following:
- Course ground coffee
- Brown/white sugar
- Maple surup
- Olive oil
- Powdered cocoa
Step 2: Use your finger and gently smooth the mixture on your lips in little light circles for a minute or two
Pop it in the fridge to use again, but be sure you use a clean spoon, and not your fingers, to get it out.
I’m not a fan of petroleum based chapsticks and balms, so after your lips are super-smooth I love these: Youngblood Mineral Cosmetics’ Lipstick, Mighty Shiny Lip Gel, Lip Gloss, and Lip Liners and OSEA Eyes and Lips.
See you at the spa!
The Brow Boss
Youngblood has asked me to review their Luminous Creme Blush. Since I’ve professionally and personally been using it since this past summer, I happily said YES!
What’s not to love about this cream-textured blush that combines a shimmering glow with sheer, long-wearing color? Let me count the ways:
2. Contains healthy, skin-beautifying ingredients:
- Vitamins C & E – to fight against oxidative stress
- Allantoin – a moisturizing botanical and anti-irritant
- Jojoba Esters – an emollient
3. Accentuates bone structure – It illuminates the cheekbone, catching and reflecting light. Most 20-somethings can use it alone, but I like to use it as a base for a powdered blush or bronzer for more color and depth.
4. Seals in lip color – I like my lip treatment to be long-lasting, so I use Lip Liner Pencil with Luminous Creme Blush over it. It stays and stays! I keep a little pot of it in my makeup bag for quick color touch-ups for cheeks and lips.
5. Comes in six luxurious shades – We carry it in Rose Quartz, Tropical Glow and Plum Satin, but it can be ordered in Champagne Life, Taffeta, and Pink Cashmere. .21 oz $26 (price subject to change).
See you at the spa!
3 Steps To Beautiful Brows Kit!
Condition, Color, and Control Your Brows. This Billion Dollar Brows kit will give you the beautiful brows you want in three simple steps. While supplies last, we’re offering this $85 trio for $35!
- Condition: Brow Boost, Bonus Size. This deep conditioning treatment is designed to help strengthen and condition thin, over-tweezed brows. A natural formula with no scary side effects, you will see visibly fuller brows in as little as 30 days. Depending on individual use, this bonus size edition should last at least 60 days.
- Color: Universal Brow Pencil. No more guessing games! Formulated to work with all skin tones and hair colors, this amazing pencil goes on smooth and natural. Perfect for creating beautiful, natural brows when you’re on-the-go. The pencil’s versatile color works with almost all hair colors and skin tones. Use the brush on the opposite end of the pencil to blend to perfection!
- Control: Clear Brow Gel, Bonus Size. Our Brow Gel will lock in your look, giving your eyebrows a long-lasting, radiant glow while keeping them perfectly in place all day. It’s the perfect finishing touch for giving your brows a polished, perfectly manicured look. This bonus size Brow Gel should, depending on individual use, last at least 60 days.
If you’re new to Star Brows, you may not know about The Product Feature or Rewards yet. To put it simply, 10% of all your product purchases, all the time, go toward free Service Enhancements, like Raindrop Therapy, Lash Tint, Chemical Peels, or Star Massage.
When a product is the Monthly Feature, you’ll get 20% back in Rewards on Brow Boost, Brow Gel, and Brow Powder.
See you at the spa!
We offer three fabulous choices to color your eyes beautifully and naturally. These Youngblood Mineral Eyeshadow formulations are rich in color, water-resistant, and super long-lasting!
1. Crushed Mineral Eyeshadow – Made from 100% pure minerals, these loose shadows give eyes an instant dose of color and brightness.
2. Pressed Individual Eyeshadow – Just like our loose version, these pressed shadows are made from 100% minerals to keep colors hypoallergenic.
3. Pressed Mineral Eyeshadow Quad – Use your eye-magination! Four complementary shades come in a sleek, mirrored compact for limitless looks.
These shadows have the following attributes:
- Cruelty Free
- Fragrance Free
- Gluten and Nano Free
- Non-Comedogenic and Non-Acnegenic
- Paraben and Talc Free
- Recycled Materials (used for packaging)
If you’re new to Star Brows, you may not know about the Product Feature or Rewards yet. To put it simply, 10% of all your product purchases, all the time, go toward free service Enhancements, like Raindrop Therapy, Lash Tint, Chemical Peels, or Star Massage.
When a product is the Monthly Feature, however, you’ll get 20% back in Rewards! Oils range in price from $16-$43, with Rewards points totaling up to $7. Prices quoted may not be valid after October 2012.
See you at the spa!
Hi, it’s Felicia again, guest blogger at Star Brows! Are you tired of boring, neutral, everyday makeup? Do your eye shadow options go from beige to brown, and that’s about it? Do you want to spice up your look for work or school without feeling like a clown? And like me, are you concerned about using chemicals on your skin? Well look no further! The ingenious makers of Youngblood Mineral Cosmetics have come up with 100% crushed minerals and highly pigmented eye shadows in a myriad of fun, but classic colors.
I had the pleasure of working with the shade Heather Smoke. It has a lovely satin finish, which makes the color muted enough for daytime, but it can be layered for more intensity or used wet for as much drama as you need.
I love that it isn’t packed with synthetic fillers and chemicals like over-the-counter brands. And ingredients like honeysuckle flower extract and jojoba seed extract make it gentle on the eye area. In fact, when I look at the Youngblood company page, each product listed has a set of attributes. For instance, this formula is fragrance free, water resistant, oil free, vegan (made without animal by-products), and paraben free.
I’d describe Heather Smoke as a rich satiny violet. This color looks great washed over your lids, which helps brighten the eye and makes you look more awake. I usually use a primer under my shadow, however when I swatched Heather Smoke with a couple of other purples for comparison, it stayed on so well, even after I rubbed off the others. So, Yb Shadow may make me reconsider this step!
Try this look:
Apply it with a small, flat shadow brush across your lids and the inner corner of your eye.
Follow up with a matte brown shade blended into the crease.
Add a hint of white under your brows as a highlight.
Next, apply your choice of black or dark brown liner. (If you really want to mix it up, hunter green looks really flattering with Heather Smoke on hazel and brown eyes.)
Finish the look with some black mascara, a light dusting of blush and bronzer to keep up your fresh glow, and a quick swipe of pink gloss on the lips.
This gives you a fun, fresh look for everyday without going over the top.
Transform this look to evening:
Apply the shadow wet for more drama across the lids and up into the crease
Deepen the outer corners a little more with a matte brown
A nude lip goes really well with this look, and with an extra coat of black mascara, you will be ready for a night out! So there you have it – a fun flattering shade for both day and night that goes on smooth and lasts until you are ready to take it off.
Obsessed with makeup! Felicia
Recently Youngblood Mineral Cosmetics sent me their Luminous Creme Blush to review in a new color set to launch this summer. I had been using the new blush in Rose Quartz, a silvery petal-pink which I love, but it’s a little “young” for the over-40’s.
One of the new colors, Plum Satin, which is a rose-berry with a hint of shimmer, is perfect for that crowd, less shimmery and deeper in pigment. I’ve been using it on everyone I see at the makeup studio!
On the cheeks, I personally wear it over the awesome bronzer, Mineral Illuminating Tint – Body, or under Crushed Mineral Blush in the color Plumberry. I am pretty pale, and I wash out easily, so layering color is great.
And here’s my favorite part: I like it over Youngblood’s Lip Liner Pencils (which I apply to the entire lip) for super long-lasting color!
Jojoba Esters, the skin-healing and moisture-binding effects of Allantoin, and their trademark mineral elements make this formulation oh-so-fine!
See you at the spa!
Happy New Year’s Eve party preparations to all of you! We’ll be ringing in the New Year at A Twilight Masquerade at my dad’s place: Robert Hall Winery.
I want to look my best, and I want you to look your best, too – even if you’re not planning to go out for NYE! So, here are ten steps to flawless looking makeup:
1. Healthy Skin is the most important start to great makeup, and while you can’t change your skin in 24 hours, you can do the following:
- Drink a ton of water the day of and the proceeding days. If you’ll be drinking, this is mandatory.
- Eat healthy and regular meals the day of the bash.
- Get plenty of rest the night before.
3. Exfoliate – A few days before the big night, start using masks, peels, and scrubs. The Cleansing Oil is also an excellent way to polish, exfoliate, and brighten your skin: Do a 20-minute massage with it instead of the normal quick cleanse. (Did you know the Cleansing Oil takes off makeup really well? Buh-bye, makeup dissolver.)
Of course, hopefully you have consulted a skincare professional about which products are best for your skin. If you trust your exfoliant not to cause a breakout or irritate your skin, using one even the night before will help your skin look radiant.
4. Moisturize – Those of you who read my blog regularly know that when you discipline the skin, you also need to use plenty of TLC. Moisturize the entire face, neck, and décolleté, as well as the eye area. Even oily and acne-prone skin types need moisturizer. Your makeup will look so much better if your skin is well-hydrated.
5. Prime – Every great artist knows that preparing the canvas is key. Getting the skin ready for the application of cosmetics makes the finished “look” so much better. Absorb Oil Control is perfect for oily and acne-prone skin: It is an oil controller and hydrator in one. Mineral Primer will fill in the fine lines and imperfections and make your foundation last. Use Concealer around the eye area or any other area where skin color is irregular.
6. Apply Foundation – Youngblood Mineral Makeup is my favorite makeup base. Use a small brush for extra coverage in the areas that need it. Use a darker color to contour, like the hollows of your cheeks or the sides of your nose. Contour the eyes with shades of brown, especially if you have droopy lids. (Remember: dark recedes, light brings forward.) Highlighter under the brow bone accentuates the arch. I carry BDB Duo Concealer: it’s a pencil with concealer on one end and highlighter on the other – another “twofer”!
7. Add Color – Glitter (small particles, used sparingly) is a hot look for NYE. Aging skin doesn’t do well with glitter, though. I personally like the Youngblood Mineral Makeup in the color Sunglow for sparkle and pop. Blush should be applied to the apple of the cheek only if you have a very thin and long face, so you can create width. If your face is round, apply blush on the cheek starting at the edge of the iris and swooping up to the temples and into the hairline.
Shadow color can be added next. Remember: if you are playing up the eyes, go easy on the lips, and vice versa. Youngblood Mineral Eyeshadow is amazing – long-lasting and smudge-proof.
Eyeliner (MUA Michelle Phan gives some options), is probably the biggest statement in makeup. Youngblood Pencils with Rhus Succedanea Fruit Wax and Coco- Glycerides is so easy to use. If your lids are crepey/droopy you may not be able to rock the winged effect on the upper lid but try this:
Stretch the edge of the eye so the skin is taught (be careful not to pull too tight, it can damage the delicate eye area), then line the lower lid very close to the lashes and wing it up and out!
8. Lashes – Lash Extensions in a tube! Blackout Mineral Mascara by Youngblood is great. It has little fibers, and is thickening and lengthening. Lash Primer, underwear for the lashes. 🙂 is also excellent for extra volume and conditioning. For those of us who need to curl our lashes, I like the MAC curler best.
9. Lips – I recommend a lip pencil and plumping colored gloss – both by Youngblood Mineral Cosmetics. You’ll get rich, highly pigmented color with the pencil and hydration with the gloss.
10. Eyebrows – Getting the right shape requires professional help – at least to get you started and at best for maintenance. You’re not stuck with the eyebrows you have: You can create the perfect brows at home. How? If you have thinning brows, start using Brow Boost right away. All the Billion Dollar Brows products rock! Cosmetics for creating the perfect eyebrows – like pencils, powders, and brow-setting gel – will transform blah brows into bomb brows!
Have a great time, and Happy New Year to you all!
See you at the spa!