A good soak in a warm bath is a wonderful wintertime ritual
It really is hard to beat the relaxing, cathartic effects of lounging in a warm tub of water, where the mind can so easily find peace and calm. These simple moments of indulgence are a great way to end the day, as well.
The winter months can be harsh on our skin, regardless of our moisturizing regimens. But when done correctly, a nice bath can actually hydrate and re-mineralize your skin.
Ideally, your tub water is not too warm, as that can dehydrate your skin. Around 100 degrees Fahrenheit is where you want it. Turn off the phone, turn on some soft music, and close the door to the day’s problems.
Here are some of my favorite ways to make bathing (or showering) a spa experience
- Undaria Algae Oil – We use this for the body massage during Facials at Star Brows! This lightweight marine-based body oil is rich in organic botanical oils, sea minerals, and antioxidants. This is the ultimate skin repair, loaded with luscious seed oils–acai, babassu, passion fruit, sesame–and Undaria Algae, to deliver powerful antioxidant vitamins and essential fatty acids to dry, sun-damaged skin. Check this out for use with tattoos.
- Gigartina Beauty Bath – “I wanted to bring the ocean into the home,” says OSEA Skincare owner Jennifer Palmer. “In Patagonia, I took a fresh seaweed bath and really wanted to recreate that experience. Most seaweed baths are either straight powders that are difficult to dissolve and smell like low tide, or they are water-based, diluted and laden with preservatives, or they are nothing more than Epsom salts with fragrance. The Gigartina Beauty Bath performs as a true bath therapy product that is tied to the water and the sea – the core concept of spa.”
- Green Marine Detox Bath – This is a potent bath powder that helps heal eczema and psoriasis and is rich in minerals, enzymes, and vitamins that the skin is able to absorb, including phosphorous, zinc, potassium, and calcium. USDA Certified Organic Undaria Seaweed from the pure waters of Patagonia. This purifying, powerful, antioxidant-rich seaweed helps with hormonal imbalance and water retention.
- Salts of the Earth Scrub – Spiked with certified organic botanical oils from around the globe. Salts of the Earth come from the Dead Sea, the Bolivian coast, the Utah desert and the Himalayas. This exotic blend of the purest salt on Earth contains 84 trace minerals and gets its unique pink color from the rich ores they contain. The ingredients in these salts plump up the skin, enticing it to soak up nutrients and look more youthful.
- Undaria Body Polish – Natural exfoliants feel gentle on the skin while delivering a stimulating scrub action. Small and powerful pumice grains help remove dead cells along with a bio-scrub blend of acai and guaraná. Guaraná is recognized for it’s tonifying and astringent properties, as well as reducing cellulite. Acai delivers a powerful synergy of healthy-aging properties to skin, plus hemp and passionfruit seed oils feed the skin Omega 3-6-9 essential fatty acids.
If you’re new to Star Brows, you may not know about The Product Feature or Rewards yet. To put it simply, 10% of all your product purchases, all the time, go toward free Service Enhancements, like Raindrop Therapy, Lash Tint, Chemical Peels, or Star Massage.
When a product is the Monthly Feature, like the OSEA Bath Products this month, you’ll get 20% back in Rewards.
See you at the spa!