Youngblood is one of my favorite companies – and has been since 1998. Mineral Foundation is their premier product, but I carry other items (see below) in their line as well. Here’s why I absolutely love them:
- It is a cruelty-free and environmentally responsible company. No animal testing, chemicals, alcohol, or dyes. They contain no synthetic or irritating ingredients, such as artificial fragrance, mineral oil, or petroleum.
- It is made with pigments from the earth. They’re much healthier than cosmetics containing petroleum dyes. Mineral makeup is made of micronized, highly reflective crystals that reflect light to smooth fine lines and blemishes.
- Mineral cosmetics also have sun protective properties. That means they keep your skin healthy and youthful. Minerals do not support the growth of bacteria or microbes, and pose a lower risk of allergic reaction.
- Youngblood offers a comprehensive set of the most realistic, natural-looking shades, for women of all ethnicities.
- Minerals are great for use on skin recovering from harsh medical procedures, and on problem skin conditions like rosacea, acne, and discoloration.They began in a medical context, to be used by patients with skin traumatized by laser treatments, chemical treatments, and cosmetic surgery.
- Youngblood uses rice starch as a healthy alternative to talc which is a filler found in other mineral makeup. Talc blocks pores, drys your skin, and causes irritation . Rice powder absorbs oil, sets makeup, is long-lasting, doesn’t move, and provides a beautiful matte finish.
- Clean and lightweight, it allows your skin to breathe and is non-comedogenic (it won’t block pores or cause irritation). It provides flawless coverage, you’ll feel like you’re wearing no makeup at all.
- Youngblood covers and participates in shows like LA Fashion Week, and The Beauty Show, they provide coverage of Fashion Runways and they show up in National Beauty Magazines. This gives me confidence in the fact that they know current trends and they have a finger on the pulse of the beauty biz.
What’s in it? Mica, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Lauroyl Lysine, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Extract, Tocopherol, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride. .28 oz $41
Youngblood at NYC Fashion Week 2010
See you at the spa!