Cleansing the skin correctly is so important!
I have gone back to a cleansing system from Tu’el I had at my spa in MN 15 years ago.
It is the foundation of the launch of a new service called Star Massage utilizing the Tu’el Cleansing Oil System:
The service when combined with an eyebrow design is the Ultimate Brow Experience! It is a 20 minute face, neck and scalp treatment using aesthetic and massage techniques. The treatment clears sinuses, reduces puffiness and brightens skin-tone. It is customised to each individual skin-type and also relieves swelling, waste in the tissues and holding patterns that create tension and lines in the face.
Let me introduce you to hydrophilic cleansing oils which are water loving and water soluble. I know – it seems counter intuitive (especially if you have oily or acne prone skin). You may be imagining a pore clogging, grease slick, that you are smearing on your face – am I right?
So, trust me, would I lead you astray? Instead I’d like you to imagine a Zen-like spa experience at home. Think fresh smelling mandarin oil, calming chamomile extract, healing extracts of arnica and purifying grapefruit extract. Imagine sitting in a comfortable, cozy spot and giving yourself a soothing facial massage.
Nothing cleans the skin like a hydrophilic oil. Let Lori Nestore, Eva’s CEO and founder of Tu’el tell you!
As skin cells die, they lose moisture, flatten and migrate to the skin’s surface. The face excretes a very sticky substance known as sebum that bonds to dead skin cells. In order for these cells to be released, this oily sebum must be dissolved.
When the hydrophilic Cleansing Oil is massaged into the skin, it bonds with the sebum and releases the dead cells. This release of the dead layer of skin achieves exceptional pore cleansing, decongestion and a more refined skin appearance.
Adding the correct Herbal Toner, a sugar -based extract with essential oils, creates a custom cleansing system. This unique method balances the skin and eliminates the need for astringents or toners.
Let’s talk about the do’s & dont’s of good basic facial cleansing:
- Use soap. It strips the skin’s PH balance and leaves a film. Note: Suds = stripping.
- Over exfoliate. The facial tissue is delicate and easily inflamed.
- Skip morning cleanse. The skin has been repairing and working all night – debris needs to be washed away.
- Skip nighttime cleanse. The skin should be sent to bed in a clean relaxed state in order to optimize the healing that it does while you rest.
- Use the Cleansing Oil and Herbal Toner designed for your skin type. Did you know that oil dissolves oil?
- Spend time massaging the skin 2-3 times per week, to exfoliate, relieve swelling and waste in the tissues, and relax holding patterns that create tension and lines on the face
- Have a gel based or treatment strength alternative cleanser available. The skin sometimes needs an AHA for aging or an acne treatment cleanse. I always have 2 or 3 cleansers available for myself at home.
- Always follow with moisturizer, & sunscreen for day use. Why? Cleansing is only the first part of the all important two-part system for great skin, “cleanse and protect”.
There are 4 different Oils and Herbal Toners, each for different skin types:
Hydrates the skin, stimulates sebaceous oil production and seals in moisture. This skin type is primarily characterized by small pores, is not product sensitive, lacks the ability to produce sebaceous oil and easily becomes dehydrated. It may have underlying congestion and may also be flaky.
Balances sebaceous oil production, hydrates and calms. This skin type shows two different textures covering 1/3 to 1/2 of the face, and appears to have medium to large pores. It may be congested and dehydrated due to improper home care. It needs balancing of oil production without dehydration.
The Purifying Line acts as a germicide to target impurities while keeping skin feeling and looking great. Impure skin can be dry, combination or oily, and any age with visible and constant breakouts.
This line calms while gently improving, maintaining and enhancing the skin. This skin has some of the same properties as dry skin – small pores, possibly congested, easily dehydrated and irritated – and also reacts to products.
Rescue Me stimulates cell production, hydrates, nourishes and firms. Mature skin is dry, combination, oily or dry-reactive that has aged. Tanned skin at any age is considered mature.
See you at the spa!